September 6 & 7
Sunday & Monday (Labour Day)
Opens: Wednesday, August 5
Closes: Wednesday, August 31
You may also come in to the Office, 9:30 to 4:00 Monday to Friday.
On the entry form, indicate your age group –
b) Juniors – 12 & under
c) Juniors – 13 to 17
ENTRY FEE: There is no fee to enter; it is our thanks for your support in this most unusual year.
NUMBER OF ENTRIES: Exhibitors may enter as many categories as they wish with a maximum of 5 entries per class. EXCEPTION – Cannabis (1 entry/class).
JUDGING and RIBBONS: All categories will be judged and 1st, 2nd and 3rd ribbons will be awarded. There will also be People’s Choice ribbons in all categories.
DELIVERY DATES: Unless specified otherwise, bring entries to Mellor Hall on Thursday, September 3 from 10 am to 5 pm. From the Garden and From the Kitchen entries to come in on Saturday, September 5 from 10 am to 5 pm. Flowers to come in on Sun., September 6 between 8 and 9 am.
PICK UP DATE: Collect all entries on Wed., September 9 between noon and 5 pm. Please bring your registration receipt.
A. FROM THE GARDEN
1. Tallest sunflower – cut just above the roots
2. Largest pumpkin/squash
3. Longest zucchini
4. Weirdest veggie
5. Bounty from your COVID-19 garden – show off your fresh produce, no limit to types, all must fit in one basket or box
6. Fruit platter – collection of fruit, any variety, any size platter
7. Scarecrow with face mask (limit 1 per family) – to be mounted on a stake or seated on a chair, all parts to be securely attached so the entry can be moved as a single unit, add a title on a card
8. Zucchini vehicle – axles to go through the zucchini
9. Biggest dahlia bloom
10. Design with fresh flowers – be inspired by COVID-19
11. Design with dried flowers – be inspired by COVID-19
C. HOMEGROWN CANNABIS
NOTE – Each entry to consist of 3-5 grams of dried cannabis buds displayed in a glass jar (will be
provided by Exhibition). Max. 1 entry/class. Exhibitor must be 19 or older.
12. Indica, grown indoors
13. Indica, grown outdoors
14. Sativa, grown indoors
15. Sativa, grown outdoors
D. FROM THE KITCHEN
NOTE – As the cakes* will be judged on decoration only, an artificial form may be used.
16. Decorated cake*, any theme
17. Decorated cake*, Fluevog Shoe theme – see www.fluevog.com for inspiration
18. Decorated heart cookies
19. Basket of home canning, heart theme
NOTE – Classes 20 to 24 are for adults (Open). Minimum size for photographs is 8” x 10”. Entries must be framed, canvas prints or mounted on black mat board or poster board.
20. Any subject
22. Creative/special effects
24. People in your life
NOTE – Classes 25 to 28 are for junior photographers. Minimum print size is 5” x 7”.
25. With people – Juniors 12 & under
26. Without people – Juniors 12 & under
27. With people – Juniors 13 to 17
28. Without people – Juniors 13 to 17
F. ARTS and CRAFTS
29. 2-D framed artwork, any medium (acrylics, pencil, print, calligraphy, computer generated, etc.),
max. 36” x 26” – entry must have a wire securely attached across the back for hanging
30. Heart – made from items found indoors (i.e. stained glass, felt, paper)
31. Heart – made from items found in nature (i.e. twigs, pebbles)
32. Toilet paper sculpture – max. 19 pieces, may be whole rolls, TP tubes and/or sheets
33. Lego, original design – entry MUST be on a base, max. 15” x 15”, with pieces securely attached
34. Painted rock collection – max. 19 rocks displayed in a box, bowl or basket
G. Inspired by DR. BONNIE HENRY
NOTE – Include a short paragraph (max. 150 words) to tell us why you are inspired by BC’s Provincial Health Officer.
35. “Be Kind, Be Calm, Be Safe” – any medium
37. Decorated shoes – the funkier, the better (i.e. feathers, bows)
38. Poem, COVID-19 theme
PHYSICAL DISTANCING WILL BE IN EFFECT. MASKS ARE RECOMMENDED.