Canada’s Agriculture Day is February 23, 2021. A day in which we raise a fork to the food we love and the people who produce it!
The Cowichan Valley is rich in a wide variety of agriculture sectors including fruits and veggies, beef, dairy, chicken and eggs. We are very proud of the producers who are committed to providing our communities with locally grown and raised goodness right here in our backyards.
The Cowichan Exhibition is proud to showcase and support local agriculture through our annual fair and the Islands Agricultural Show.
What can you do to celebrate Canadian Agriculture?
- Make some noise on social media using the #CdnAgDay hashtag
- Post a picture or video of yourself enjoying Canadian Agriculture in some way
- Cook a delicious meal of locally sourced ingredients
- Shop local for your groceries! #Supportlocal
- Talk to your kids about local ag and have a little fun with the #CdnAgDay Doodle Sheet
Let’s ‘raise a fork’ to our local agriculture producers!